[Farmall] NAIS

William Ransom william_ransom at gawab.com
Tue Mar 3 10:03:56 PST 2009

OK everybody this is it, Farm Bureau is about to weigh in on NAIS (National
Animal Identification System). This may be our last chance to make a
difference (in opposing the NAIS).

Please cross post this to every group you can.

The whole FBNews can be had at
http://www.fb.org/newsroom/fbn/current_issue.pdf .

Farm Bureau will send out post cards to all of its members and encourage
them to state their approval of the proposed changes thus making NAIS
mandatory.

Their grassroots minions number in the millions. If they only stimulate 5%
of their membership to write we are doomed. That is why every comment we
make is so important. Have your sons and daughters send comments as well as
your neighbors and people you work with. Together we can do it!

Please send your comment to:
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocketDetail&d=APH
IS-2007-0096

It does not matter what you say at the comment website as long as it clearly
states:
"I urge the USDA to withdraw its proposed rule to implement portions of the
National Animal Identification System (NAIS), Docket No. APHIS-2007-0096. "

When the Farm Bureau comments arrive they will be in paper format and will
not appear at the comment website until after the comment period ends on
March 16. We cannot afford to be defeated!