[AT] Good tractor day

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Mar 1 07:42:48 PST 2009

When I was a child it got a lot colder in the winter but it also got a lot
hotter in the summer.  The seasons were more defined.  I live 15 miles S/E
of where I grew up so the difference is not because I moved.  It's just the
ebb and flow of things and it will change again.  The avg temps are roughly
the same.  The problem with the global warming crowd is they try to get too
precise with data that is not nearly as precise.  It's like the joke us
appraisers tell on ourselves except in reverse.  The insider joke is we
measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk and cut with an axe.  Well the
scientist are using data that was cut with an axe and marked with chalk and
they are trying to measure it with a micrometer.   They may turn out to be
right but if they are it's not because they can prove it.  It'll just be a
lucky guess where they erred on the side of caution.

Charlie