[AT] Good tractor day

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Mar 1 05:40:09 PST 2009

After living in the so called "Great" Plains of Oklahoma, I know why the
Indians were so pissed off at the white man for moving them here.  If
they lived in Tipis as history has taught us, they were nomadic because
at least every week they had to go on a hunt for their Tipi..  With this
wind, it would be in Nebraska territory in a day!!!  The old diaries of
Western OK folks talk of the getting Prairie Fever from the Wind..  I
can certainly believe it.   Try to stand up in a 35mph wind gusting to
48.  That is what was recorded for about 6 hours here yesterday.  I have
a friend living here from Eastern OK, born and raised there.  He did not
know what wind really was.

Cecil in windy OKla