[AT] Sickle Mower Question

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Jun 12 22:03:41 PDT 2009

If you do not have the rivet vise, you can remove the gaurd, 2 bolts,
and  usually do this even with the rivet vise, put a hyd jack under the
bottom of the rivet.  Maybe use a parge piece of heavy metal between the
jack and the rivet, I keep a piece of Drawbar I cut off in my truck,
jack up the jack until it is snug, cut off the rivet with a chisel and
punch oout the rivet.  install new section the same way using the
support of the jack and bar to hold the rivet while peening.  I have
done this operation on a combine in the field in 10 minutes.  Of course
that was 25 years ago also...

Cecil in OKla