[Farmall] International A died (and I am baffled)

ebony51 at frontiernet.net ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Tue Jun 30 07:29:17 PDT 2009

Folks

This morning I took off the spark plugs and look pretty carboned up and wet.  I checked the spark by placing the #1 spark plug on the engine block.  I got spark but looked kind of yellowish.

Interesting, I took off the rotor and distributor rotor looked like it had some oil on the inside.  I cleaned it off.  It would fire a bit.

My guess is weak spark.  I think I will run into town and get a condenser and points.  They are pretty cheap.

I suppose some chance coil is fried.  It has been converted to 12 volt but looks like there is resister in line.  I have another coil around here somewhere.

I will keep folks informed of what I discover.

What is they say, "Good judgment comes from experience.  Experience comes from a lot of bad judgment?"

Larry