[Farmall] International A died (and I am baffled)

ebony51 at frontiernet.net ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Mon Jun 29 19:54:42 PDT 2009

I was mowing with my International A today.  It was missing and then it finally quit.  My first instinct was something plugging the gas line.  I took off the sediment bulb and cleaned it.  Nothing.  I took off the gas line from the sediment builb to the carb and gas was getting through and the strainer was not clogged.  I took off the carb and sprayed some carb cleaner in it.  Still would start.  I sprayed some starter fluid in the air cleaner and the tractor started but barely.  Hardly ran and then very low idle and just for maybe 30 second.

Any suggestions.  I figure it got to be gas or electrical, and I thought gas first.  Kind of ran out of ideas regarding gas but maybe I missed something. Got dark and I quite mesing with it this evening.

Thank

Larry Hardesty