[Farmall] International A died (and I am baffled)

Ed Greany crest25 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 29 22:05:09 PDT 2009

Hi Larry,

First thought was possibly bad gas or old gas. Have you filled the tank recently with possible bad gas? If not, has it rained a lot that could have water in the gas? Did you drain some out of the tank? - water should come out first.

Next would possibly be float stuck. Does it do anything different choking and no choke? Does fuel flow out of carb indicating open float?

That's about it for fuel since you've checked the other possibilities.

On the electrical side, perhaps a faulty coil. Was it doing this in hot weather? Are plugs clean and proper adjustment? Clean them and see if any difference. Any wet oil on plugs? Did timing slip on you without your knowledge?

Those should keep you busy for awhile. I hope the first thing you check solves the problem for you.

Good luck.

Ed