[AT] red belly/ fergy

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 29 19:04:21 PDT 2009

That is true, the 424 is a little heavier.  Tinwork is very similar, along
with front axle.  My dad was trying to decide between a new 404 and a new
424 in 1967.  He told me the main reason he went with the '24 was because
it had a standard 8 speed transmission.  Neighbor to us bought a new 404
and they did a lot of work together back then.  They both pulled the same
size implements.  I have never really heard him say but I would assume the
424 would pull the same load faster.  The 404 handled a lot better though,
especially steering!

PS I am talking about the International version of the 404.  I have never
seen a Farmall version around here.

Al

PTO.

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323006x1201367222/aol?redir=htt