[AT] Post Hole Digger

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 29 17:40:10 PDT 2009

Folks,

We are buying a sturdy post hole digger found on Craig's list:
Here's the ad with some pictures:
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/grd/1243481850.html

I have some questions:

- How much of this thing can I expect to get apart?  It's reported to
be a two-man job to move it.  (We'll have me, my wife and a 7-year
old.)  It looks like the auger fastens to the gearbox shaft by a big
flange with bolts through them.  With luck and some PB Blaster, I may
get them loose.

-Does the PTO shaft come off in a normal way?  Through bolt/shear pin?

- It looks like the rear ends of the frame fasten to the gearbox
horizontal tubes with bolts.  Is it fixed at that point or is there a
pivot action there?

-Can anyone identify this thing so I can get some information online
perhaps?

I'll be bringing:
- tools
- come-along
- rope with multiple pulley for hoisting/pulling
- furniture dolly - hand truck
- portable ramps
- Ford F-250

Thanks for any information.