[AT] Guide lamp gaskets

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Jun 29 06:09:28 PDT 2009

Brian's comment was right on the money. I put the gasket on the way he
suggested, and everything came together as it should. Thanks a bunch!

By the way, on the '52 Cub I am working on, there was a two-position
switch to select between the white "field" bulb and the red "tail
light". The switch, of course, was long gone, and I was very hesitant
about spending $40 for a replacement. I remembered ordering a couple of
similar switches to fix the light above my kitchen stove and tried one
of them in the Cub's light. It worked out (to my way of thinking) as
well as the OEM switch. It might lose a couple of points to the
Originality Police, but it works for me. I got the switch from All
Electronics for $1.25
<http://www.allelectronics.com/index.php?page=item&id=RS-142> I added a
fifty cent knob, also from the same vendor. See
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/1952-farmall-cub/newswitchonrearlight.html>
for and image of the completed installations (I know that the paint job
needs some work - that is one advantage of taking pictures).

Mike