[AT] red belly/ fergy

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 28 20:26:18 PDT 2009

True, they are a few years newer.  But you can buy the IH or JD for about
the same price as a ferguson or a ford--that was the point, you can spend
the same money on something that is the same physical size as a Nseries or
a Ferguson, is a little newer, will use about the same sized implements
(don't think a redbelly will pull three plows--but the IH or the JD will)
yet will work rings and rings around them.  Plus, the IH or the JD are not
nearly as crude.

I don't have anything against them per se, but they're pretty over-valued
in today's market for what they are capable of.

PS The 200 series Masseys were very popular here but they are just an
updated MF 35. Pull off the sheetmetal, and they're the same tractor
underneath.  My dad looked at buying a new 285 in the early '80s. Thank
goodness he went with a 2940 JD instead.  The 2940 was sort of a "budget"
tractor for JD, but it was head and shoulders above the 285.

Al

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323006x1201367222/aol?redir=htt
p://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun