[AT] Row Crop

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Sat Jun 27 12:36:05 PDT 2009

Hi Farmer

It is not BS, just the way it was in Whitley county. It is I remember it at
age 13-16. My grandfather had a Ford 806, he bought it new, in 55 or 56, for
the orchard, ..... farming was done with the Farmall M and H. My uncle
bought a used 8N in the late forties, because it was the right size for his
son to pull wagons back and forth.  I can not think of another single Ford
in the whole 10 square mile neighborhood.  We did not know if they plowed or
not, no one had a plow for them. Granddad did try to cultivate with his, and
that did not even last a season. Rich people had green, and poorer had red.
I owned '48' 8N Ford for 12 years, rebuild it etc, in TN. It did a great job
on bush hogging the hillsides. My son now has a Jubilee, and it is a great
tractor with the loader for moving thing under 700 lbs around.  'IF'  we can
find a single or 2 bottom plow, we might even plow a garden.  I guess my
folks and part of the country just missed out ... but they seemed to have
fared reasonably well.

Paul - IN