[AT] Farmal A

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Sat Jun 27 09:50:02 PDT 2009

Based on my experience described below I would agree with Mike that $1500
for an A with no extras seems way high -

I just checked my records - it was six years ago this Fall that I bought a
1951 Super A for $1000.  It had three front wheel weights (they are worth
$$$), new tires on rear, a swinging drawbar and a one bottom IH plow.  Lots
of surface rust but tin all straight with no dents.  Started and ran good.

Three years ago I saw a 1949 Super A for sale for $850.  It had a sickle bar
mower on back, nearly new back tires, started and ran just as good as my 51
and had even better tin.  So I bought it and then sold my 51 without the
weights, swinging drawbar and plow for $900 and the buyer and I both told
each other that we had gotten a good deal.

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington