[AT] Case VAH won't run; carb issues /followup post

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Wed Jun 24 06:33:13 PDT 2009

    Dean;
    In relation to Charlie's post, Case does not use a bronze filter at the
carb inlet.
    First try removing the drain plug or petcock drain in the bottom of the
carburetor and with a clean rag, catch the gas as it comes out and check for
sediment. Next turn on the fuel at the tank and observe the flow from the
carb drain. Should have an even flow from the drain. If not, then possibly a
restriction at the tank outlet.
    As Charlie said, these carburetors are easy to work on. I was at my
local Tractor Supply store yesterday and noticed they now carry carb kits
and floats for this carburetor. They also have new sediment bowls and gasket
and screen sets for most older tractors. Ignition parts too.
    If I had the carb here, I would gladly clean it for you. Easy half hour
project.
    It is also possible that you have a bad condenser in the distributor
also. They will often give the same symptons as you describe. Check your
point gap. Should be at .020.
    Good luck

                                    Gene