[AT] Sawzall blades

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 15 19:19:13 PDT 2009

You will want a Bi-Metal metal cutting blade, Don.  Milwaukee calls it Matrix 2.  The teeth are high speed steel with 8% cobalt. They have a flex back to reduce fracture (electronically welded construction) and available in various lengths to suit your needs.  Not necessarily cheap, but last several times longer than regular blades.  I bought one for a band saw at work(Lennox) when they were first available.  We tracked its life.  When it was at 25 times the use life of a standard Starrett band and still cutting strong, some clown cut galvanized sheet with it and fractured about half of the teeth off.  Naturally this was done by someone on the "night shift", and no one knew who....

At any rate, they were well worth the extra money.  I use nothing else for my reciprocal saw when cutting metal.  If the pin is really hardened, you may need to look for welded carbide blades ( do not know if these are made ) or grind them off as suggested.

Charlie V. in WNY