[AT] D2 Magneto Problems (Now Wires)

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 12 08:04:51 PDT 2009

On Jun 12, 2009, at 4:50 AM, charliehill wrote:
>> Where can I find a set of spark plug wires with actual wires in the
>> core?
>>
>> Would like to replace the D2 pony wires but I'm thinking that the
>> new high
>> voltage wire won't be a good replacement?

Tractor folks,
(I posted this source for wire earlier):

Here is a source for new production quality wire for use in restoring
tractors or cars:

http://www.magnetoparts.com

Here's the direct link to his wires:
http://www.magnetoparts.com/wire.htm

His site includes this statement:
"My latest addition is the yellow with dual green cross tracers. There
are actually 4 tracers, 2 going one direction, and 2 going another. It
is designed to look very sharp on John Deere tractors and engines."

He offers both electrical wire and ignition wire of many sorts and
colors. A check of his home page reveals he carries a lot of things
and services that tractor folks could use:

Magneto Parts

Igniter Parts, Springs, Mica, & Teflon

Grease cups, Oilers, & Oiler parts

Drain Cocks & Priming Cups

Spark plugs

Wire & Wire Ends

Engine & magneto nameplates

Hardware & Other Gears

Here are the services he offers (summarized):

I can provide many services. These are some of the following:

Magneto Repair : I do this on a VERY limited basis. Since I only do
this as a hobby... I cannot service a great quantity of mags.
Custom Coils : My coil winder can fabircate or rewind almost any kind
of ignition coil. Check out this page for details.

Condenser Repair : Most early condensers are no longer availabe. ... I
can either supply a generic replacement for yours or rebuild the one
you have. E-mail for details.

Custom Gears : My gear maker can fabricate both straight and helical
cut gears in sizes up to 6".

Model Gears : My gear maker is also the chief supplier for gears to
the model engine hobby.

Custom Engine and Model Tags : If I have a full size engine or magneto
tag, I can also supply a model tag.

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.