[AT] Seed drill value

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jun 11 22:57:37 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Dotson" <gdotsly at watchtv.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:40 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Seed drill value

>    Ralph;
>    This would be a mighty hard sell in my part of Ohio. Would be too big
> for people still using this type of drill. Bigger operators who would use

Gene, those drills are hard to sell for much here too for pretty much the
same reasons. Everybody uses air seeders or air drills now. The old end
wheel drills were good in their day but I'd never go back to one for serious
farming. The odd time a hobby farmer with an acreage might want to buy one
to seed a bit of grass for their horses but thats about it.
I've also got a dual hitch of John Deere 8300 series end wheel drills that
needs a new owner.
I just thought that the Massey drill on that website was priced pretty high
compared to what I thought they were selling for around here.

Ralph in Sask.