[AT] Seed drill value

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Wed Jun 10 03:40:45 PDT 2009

    Ralph;
    This would be a mighty hard sell in my part of Ohio. Would be too big
for people still using this type of drill. Bigger operators who would use
this type and size have all gone to no-till drills or at least press wheel
drill. Straight double openers with drag chains do not have the consistent
seed planting depth in our variable soils. Tillage has been reduced and
requires better closure from the press wheels.
    I have an IH 510 drill set up as this drill is. I have very poor
consistency in planting depth and covering. Neighbor planted with a new JD
no-till planter and I believe every seed came up at the same time.

                            Gene