[Farmall] Farmall C wiring diagram

Bruce Hallett bruce3 at sover.net
Tue Jun 9 10:13:02 PDT 2009

As long as we are on the subject of wiring, could anyone help me with the
following?  The ammeter on my 6 volt, positive grounded Farmall H was
registering a trickle discharge when the engine is running.  In an effort to
fix the problem, I cleaned (did not rebuild) the generator and replaced the
regulator.  In the process of trying to polarize the system, I touched the
field terminal ever so briefly with one end of the jump wire, which caused
it to spark even though the other end of the wire was not touching anything.
Subsequently, the B and G terminals were connected for a second or so, got a
spark and thought I had probably succeeded in polarizing the system.

Alas, the ammeter still shows the same trickle discharge and I'm at a loss
to know what to do next.  Your suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Bruce Hallett
South Londonderry, Vermont