[AT] mowers - ztr vs tractor style

Mark Greer markagreer at embarqmail.com
Tue Jun 9 05:51:56 PDT 2009

If you buy a ZTR make sure you don't get one of the cheaper homeowner
quality jobs as they don't last and don't work that well. Spend the extra
money and buy a commercial quality machine and it will be the last mower you
ever buy. Stick with a brand that the commercial  lawn crews use in your
area. Toro, Exmark, Scag, Bunton, Gravely, Great Dane, Grasshopper, BobCat,
and some others make good machines. Make sure it has real charge pumps and
wheel motors and not a hydrostatic transaxle. Make sure you buy one with a
fabricated steel deck, preferably 7 gauge.
Mark