[Ford-ferguson] Caterpillar Belt Pulley

Jim Peck @Yahoo jamesgpeck at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 15:16:28 PDT 2009

This email group is turning out to have a great wealth of information to share. I took a photo today of a Caterpillar 10 with a belt
pulley on the rear PTO. That pretty much indicates that the PTO driven belt pulley predates the 9N. I am going to put the Cat 10
photo on the Challenger group home page.

[Aaron Dickinson]~The PTO had been "standardized" by this time, and the three point hitch accepted. The three point on the jeep was
under live power (raised and lowered regardless of clutch position) and had down pressure, both unavailable on fords and Fergusons
of the time, and without draft control.  The PTO was driven off the transfer case providing several speeds and reverse rotation of
the PTO, and the belt pulley was attached over the PTO. Several of the three point implement manufactures made inmplements to fit
the Jeep three point. My cousin has a Willy's CJ with three point that he bought new, and had a Dearborn mower (similar to a model
14-15) that was designed for the Jeep. He no longer has the mower but he still has the sales flyer. ~

This shows a belt pulley on a 1953 Jeep CJ-3B. I guess they copied the PTO, belt pulley, and three point hitch.

jm1404 <jm1404 at yahoo.com> Jim Peck, Moderator