[AT] Lancaster Ads

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Jun 6 16:02:21 PDT 2009

Great story, Paul.

I have never hauled that far, but I did bring home my Case 430CK from
about 40 miles away. The trip was up and down some steep hills, and the
trailer had no brakes. Like you, my uphill runs started out at the speed
limit, but the old F350 was wheezing at 35 by the time I would get to
the top, then it was a white knuckle trip down the other side. I didn't
realize at the time that I was at or over the limit of my 7000 lb
trailer. Fortunately, the truck's brakes were up to the job (back then -
since then I have lost them twice due to rusted lines!). See
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/case_430_ck/case_430_ck_coming.html>
for an image arriving home. The truck finally got too far gone for me to
put up with, and it went out on the back of a junkyard rollback this
March. But Cecil Monson and I had some great road trips over the years
with that old beast and no-brakes trailer.

Mike