[AT] OT(?) Cub Cadet 1812 Hydro question

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Thu Jun 4 09:05:03 PDT 2009

Steve, IMHO you should make a judgment made on the terrain of your lawn rather then the cutting speed of the equipment.  There is no doubt that you can cut faster with a ZTR than with a tractor-style mower, but if your lawn isn't really level, you will loose traction on the uphill wheel all the time and not be able to hold the cutting line on a slope.

When I worked for a shop right after retirement at the university, we replaced the tires on a number of ZTR's so the owners had directional control on their lawns -- and all they were, were suburban lots with the building site raised a few feet above the street level.

We replaced the turf tires with high-flotation, low-lug ag tires.

Larry