[AT] D2 Magneto Problems

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Wed Jun 3 10:40:07 PDT 2009

Be aware that the magneto for the D2+D4 looks just like the one for the D6,
but rotation is opposite.  I believe it is possible to rebuild one into the
other,
by changing some internal parts, possibly just the rotor.
Don't know if the points are mirror imaged or not.

Be careful to not overspeed the pony, the mag shaft is the thickness of a
pencil,
with a big coarse tooth gear that engages the main gear train of the pony.
If you overspeed it, the shaft will break, causing teeth to break,
and the teeth head down thru the gear train.  Costly.

Dave Merchant