[AT] OT(?) Cub Cadet 1812 Hydro question

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 04:48:22 PDT 2009

I'm not Larry but here's some ideas:

Since you've checked blade straightness and balance, then even
replaced the blades, with no change in the vibration (right?) then it
seems safe to rule out the blades.  The vibration is coming from
something spinning.  This leaves spindles and pulleys.  If all the
spindle bearings are good (beyond "no play" have you checked that each
spindle runs nice and smooth, turned by hand, belt removed?) then it
still could be a bent spindle.  The final piece of the puzzle in the
spinning parts is the pulleys.  Can't say I've heard of a pulley
failing but who knows; maybe one has become bent, lost a small piece
of itself somehow, has a hunk of stuff stuck to it...  Last comment,
I've not heard of any type of belt failure that would create vibration
and I'm having a hard time picturing any sort of belt problem that
would not simply result in a busted belt.

Good luck.

Steve O.