[AT] OT--Farm Truck brakes

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Tue Jun 2 13:16:54 PDT 2009

I'll bet it is the brake booster (hydrovac). I had the same odd occurence
every time the truck sat awhile until the booster finally went bad. They
wanted the core in exchange and when I put into the box it drained brake
fluid, like about a quart. Was told later the booster lost a diaphram
allowing the master cylinder to drain into it and when the truck engine was
started the vaccum from the carb sucked it out and the engine burnt it.
Engine must have like it, but it didn't have any brakes....