[AT] OT(?) Cub Cadet 1812 Hydro question

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 2 08:37:49 PDT 2009

On Jun 2, 2009, at 10:32 AM, Larry Goss wrote:

> Some hydros are sealed at the factory and have no way of servicing
> them.

My 2001 Volvo is a little like that.  Full procedure for changing the
transmission fluid is to drop the transmission pan.  There is no
dipstick or fill port.  My non-dealer mechanic prefers a shorter
method that drains half the fluid and replaces that amount.  Do that
once in a while and everything is ok, he tells me.

I'll soon change the fluid in my Cub Cadet 2084 Super Garden Tractor.
It does have a drain plug, fluid filter, dipstick/fill port.  So I
think I can manage it in the barn work area.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.