[AT] OT(?) Cub Cadet 1812 Hydro question

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 09:58:11 PDT 2009

Hi Larry:

According to the parts fiche on the Carter & Gruenewald site (model
1812 garden tractor) this hydro unit has a total of four valves on it.
 Two of them are labelled "Relief Valve" on the fiche and I'd have to
assume those are the dump valves you are referring to.  The OTHER two
valves are called "Check Valves" in the shop manual and just "Valves"
on the fiche, and it is one of THOSE that has failed on my machine.
They are located in a position that appears to output hydraulic
pressure to the spool valve that runs the mower deck lift cylinder

I notice a couple Dump Valves on eBay, and they have little buttons on
top (to manually dump pressure, I suppose).  Mine do not have buttons,
just a tiny vent hole - which is where the leak is coming from.

C&G has them for $141, a slight moderation from the $183 I was quoted
locally.  Part no. is SU-9500085 in case anybody is THAT curious.

Best regards,
Steve O.