[AT] Trailer jack question

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 09:33:33 PDT 2009

On those jacks that do not swivel up I normally carry a big block or
two and put them under the post. Once I have raised the jack an inch I
can pull the blocks out and the jack is then well away from the ground
without all of that cranking.
My Veremeer round baler came with a tall "foot" that is basically a
piece of pipe bigger than the jack post and it is welded to a flat
plate. There is a pin across a few inches from the top to stop the
jack post. The "foot" stores upside down in a ring welded to the
hitch. You pull it out and slip it under the jack post and crank the
jack down into it and when it hits the cross pin it lifts the load. It
all can't go anywhere because of the jack tube being part way down in
the foot tube. When you hitch up you just crank the jack post up
enough to clear the foot and stick the foot back down in the storage
ring. I'm sure they designed it like that because the jack needs to
clear the windrow of hay. It sure saves a lot of cranking...

--
Happiness is like peeing in your pants.
Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at gmail.com