[AT] Trailer jack question

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 06:49:57 PDT 2009

I have a trailer jack that looks like the standard Bulldog round tupe
a-frame jack.  It has the 3 hole bolt pattern, but they welded it on the
trailer instead.  The jack is getting stiff, too much rain I guess.  I
normally keep a can over the top, but must have forgot.  I've tried
spraying lube down by the screw shaft but it's not helping.  I've
wondered if I could drill a hole somewhere near the top to add lube,
then put some sort of plug back in the hole.

Has anyone ever found a way to lube one of these jacks?

Thanks