[AT] OT(?) Cub Cadet 1812 Hydro question

DBigdog DBigdog at columbus.rr.com
Mon Jun 1 03:21:43 PDT 2009

Steve,
    Paul Bell is quite knowledgible on cub cadets so I forwarded your
question to him.  His response is:

It's time to replace the valves. Actually, they are pressure relief valves,
and are an "automatic" valve in that they automatically dump the pressure
when the tractor is shut down, and it will then allow you to move or push
the tractor. The earlier versions had a button in the center where his has a
vent, and there was a lever to move that pushed the buttons down to dump the
pressure. When they start leaking it time for a replacement. The "O" rings
are on the outside of the valve body and are to seal around it when it is
installed. Someone did post a so call fix or repair at one time, but it
involved using a lathe to open up the valve and the remove the plunger for
cleaning and repair, and then welding everything back up. It's better to
replace them, although new ones are pricey, but most people just look for
good used replacements. A new one is over $100, used ones are about $40-$50
a pair.

BD