[AT] OT - AFFF Fire/now Canadian Border

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 31 04:18:42 PDT 2009

Dan,  I don't mean to hijack the thread but I looked at your  town on Google
Earth and I'm guessing you can answer something I've been wanting to know.

I've never been up there on the border or much of anywhere west of the
Mississippi for that matter.  It appears to me from looking at that area on
Google Earth that there are places where you can just walk or drive over the
border.  It looks like there are fields and farm roads that go right up to
the border and there is very little if anything between them and the next
field or road over in Canada.  Is that correct?   Not that it matters
particularly.  I don't think we have much of a border issue with our
Canadian cousins.  It just looks like if someone wanted or needed to get
over that border without papers it would be pretty easy to do with a little
planning.   The other side of the coin is that I'm sure a stranger sticks
out like a sore thumb in your neighborhood.