[AT] Farmall A bearing noise

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Jul 26 14:29:12 PDT 2009

I have three favorites:

How to Rebuild and Restore Farm Tractor Engines (Motorbooks Workshop) by
Spencer Yost (who just happens to be the owner of this list and is a
very nice person).

How To Restore Classic Farm Tractors: The Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Guide
to Rebuilding and Restoring Tractors by Tharran E. Gaines

How to Restore Your Farm Tractor (Motorbooks Workshop) by Robert N. Pripps

But the book I use the most often for rebuilding any tractor is the
original service manual for that tractor. I buy them only from Binder
Books <www.binderbooks.com>

By the way, I just got through using all of the above to put a 1952
Farmall Cub back into action, after it had been stored (in pieces) for 9
years in my neighbor's barn. I finally got it running yesterday and used
it with my Mott flail mower to clean the shoulders of my two mile
private dirt lane.
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/1952-farmall-cub/> I am a pretty
happy camper. (And yes, I know the colors are incorrect, but that was
how the PO painted it, and it was too much work to paint it over in red).

Mike