[Ford-ferguson] More 8N questions

jurors75973 at mypacks.net jurors75973 at mypacks.net
Mon Jul 20 20:13:28 PDT 2009

Hi Dave,

My 9N/8N's oil guage was reading unrealistically high, and it _did_ turn
out to be a bad guage.  The way I tested for it was to buy a cheap oil
pressure guage from NAPA and see what it read.

My local farm-tire-guy came right out to the house, with his mobile
unit, to repair the leaky calcium in my tires.  He drained the calcium
out, cleaned up the wheel rim (it wasn't bad enough to replace), and
replaced the tube, and then reinstalled the calcium.

That was 5 or 6 years ago - definitely worth the cost of having him
out.  I'm sure that the medical bills associated with me trying to get
the calcium-loaded tires into my pickup, to take to him, would've been
way beyond what it cost to have him do the hour and a half of draining
and refilling the calcium.

Good luck - and check all the electrical connections for clean and
tightness....

--
Chan Webb