[Farmall] Oil for Cub Engine

michael willis farmallmike49 at att.net
Mon Jul 20 14:31:12 PDT 2009

I have a 240 utility that had bad oil pressure.  The oil pump has a cast iron housing with an aluminum cover.  The gears wore a pattern in the aluminum cover that allowed for enough clearance to make for inefficient pumping and low pressure.  I got a pane of heavy glass(it's as perfectly flat as I think you could get), put a sheet of emory cloth on it and proceeded to polish the gear marks out of that aluminum cover.  Once smooth again, I made a new gasket, re-installed the cover, buttoned the engine up and found that I had more than satisfactory oil pressure.  I don't know if this will be of any help, but, if so, I'm happy to share it.