[AT] Portland Tractor Question

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 10:36:28 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Doug Tallman <dtallman at accnorwalk.com>wrote:

> John, you can put the dozer with your engines, it won't be a problem.
> There is NO judging. Doug T

And hopefully never will be...
-
I have already lost a lot of interest since they no longer let us show our
ATIS tractors together... The way it is now I don't even know who among us
has brought a tractor let alone what they brought.  :-(
The year I painted either my Allis or my Minni-mo (I forget) it was the
feature tractor and they wouldn't let me park it in the ATIS area. I later
moved it there for the picture taking (Yes, we used to take group pictures
each year) and I sort of forgot to move it back with the feature tractors.
When they let us show together we were an active spot and did things. One
year (the year of the great flood) I took a PTO MM corn sheller and a buzz
saw and hooked them up to my tractor and Scott Pikes WD AC which I hauled up
there for him.
Now our tractors are just one more parked tractor in some row of parked
tractors scattered about with no activity other than Gene's LA running stuff
at the *Girard* family *threshing* display.
We were no Girards display but we were on our way to some great activities
when they decided to push us out into nothingness. I don't believe they have
any idea of what they have taken away from their show. I'm close enough that
I would have made several trips hauling stuff (I did before) but now I just
haul the Cub there so I can get free camping. One year I didn't even take
it...
I really lost interest when I found out how little they thought of our group
participation as part of the show. I guess I will go this year... If they do
away with our group camping together I'm done.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"