[AT] MF 265 and brush hog question

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Jul 10 04:57:26 PDT 2009

the rating is 4000 lbs at the hitch point.  Lets assume that is with 36
in long lift arms with the lift link attachment at 18in.  Just an
assumption, my 65 is 300 ft away and I have not had breakfast...

If we add a 8 ft brushhog we can readily assume that the center of mass
will be at least 4 ft from the attachment point.  So, we now have a
weight that is 5.5 ft from the lift link attachment.  the calculation
4000lbs times 36/18  would imply that we have 8000 lb pickup force at
the attachment.  Now, reversing that we have 8000 divided by 5.5/1.5 or
about 2200 lbs.   I don't know what that hog weighs...

Cecil in Okla