[AT] International DT 466 engine

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:34:30 PDT 2009

Thanks for the replies,  I'll combine my reply.

Yes it would be increased weight but this boat is a 25' deep V design with
the engine mounted just behind the mid ship point.  The additional weight
shouldn't be a problem.  The main problem might be length and depth.  I'd
also have to run a heavier clutch (transmission) in the boat but I have one
of those already.

That use for it is not my real reason for being interested.  It's just an
optional use.  This thing is in a model 1822 Case IH cotton harvester and
the price is right.  I really am interested in seeing if I can cut away some
big hunks of  the cotton harvestor and wind up with a frame on which to
mount a front mounted, hydraulic brush hog.  I'll have to look it over
closely first.

Using it in my boat is a backup plan.  The boat is useless to me as it is.
It gets about 3 mpg at cruising speed.   That's nearly a dollar a mile just
for fuel.  A diesel would get the boat off of my trailer and in to the water
for someone (if not me) to enjoy.

Right now I'm just gathering info so I can properly evaluate the thing when
I see it.

Charlie