[Farmall] International A died (and I am baffled)

ebony51 at frontiernet.net ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Thu Jul 2 20:14:42 PDT 2009

Ivan,  Do not take my word on this but I think some alternators have internal diodes that prevent feedback and draining of the battery, or you can add one on externally, but the oil pressure exicter apparantly works.  I have on my Super C.

I tend to disconnect my batteries anyway (with a quick disconnect) when I quite using a tractor.  I have several and I often go weeks or months at a time without running them.  So, I usually shut off the gas and let them run dry and the disconnect the battery (since too often I have let them run dry and the forget to shut off the switch).  I also have several float charges that I rotate among the tractors and the garden tractors and other things I have that have acid lead batteries.

Hope this information is helpful.

Larry