[AT] OT - AFFF Fire Foam Unit

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Wed Jul 29 20:17:55 PDT 2009

>I don't recall offhand what we're running for air pressure or volume
>but it is not extreme. I'll look tomorrow if I get the chance.

I would appreciate that very much, Dan, thanks.  Also what brand foam
concentrate do you prefer?  I only need a Type A.

>None of the small departments around here use nitrogen.

My web research indicates the same thing, that most all CAF systems
sold these days use air.  Mine is an older system, so old in fact
that the maker Amerex no longer has a manual for it.  I don't want to
continue to use the original nitrogen system since the cylinder is
past test date and refilling is costly.  Also there's the possibility
of running out of nitrogen in mid-stream when time is of the essence.

Tractor reference.  If I can find a suitable compressor, I might run
it off the PTO of a tractor and fabricate a 3-point hookup for the CAF unit.

Richard