[AT] Farmall A bearing noise

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Jul 28 05:16:15 PDT 2009

When I am having work done on a block by a machine shop, I have them
supply the needed parts (valves, valve seats, sleeves, bushings, bearing
shells [for turned cranks], etc. The reason is that I feel there will
never be any question as to whether the parts were the correct ones, are
defective, etc. I also found that the total bill for parts and service
by the shop usually comes out to about the same as (or sometimes less
than) the cost of the services plus my parts. that, of course, is just
my experience, and others may have others. For other parts, like rings,
gaskets, pistons, etc., I still buy my own and install them.

Mike