[AT] Woods RM 500 Changing Belt

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Jul 23 15:28:30 PDT 2009

OK, here was the problem.  I needed a drive belt for the sickle drive,
and had one ground drive belt going bad on a JD 215Aself propelled
swather.  So I ordered 2 sickle and 2 ground drive belts.  It was coming
up memorial day weekend.  I ordered the Belt on Wednesday and asked for
2nd day air service, meaning it would be here on Friday.  On Friday at
noon I started looking for the belts as they were to be sent to my
office.  I searched through Fed Ex for the entire weekend for the belts
and ended up paying opening charges for the John deere dealer plus $50
for the ground drive belt and had to remove the sickle drive belt from a
parts swather which took over 2 hours to remove.  When I finally talked
to Jaydee enterprises on Monday morning they finally called back on
Tuesday morning and told me that the shipping clerk did not put the next
day label on the package!!!!!!!!!     After all was said and done, I
still had to pay the next day charges.  It started raining before we
finished cutting and the hay got wet and it was 2 weeks before I got
back into the field.   Yes I should have been better prepared, but I was
counting on my father to asses the condition of the swather before we
started.  It also took another 3 hours to remove and reinstall the new
sickle drive belt....

I ordered belts by number from them about 2 weeks later before I found
that they did not reverse the charges on my credit card, and they could
not get that right..  It seemed that they could work better if the
recipient was East of the missippi river..

So, If you have plenty of time, Jaydee has the best prices....  Me, I
use O'reilley auto parts and the parts counter guy's book,  for the last
5 years they have not caused me a lot of trips back...

I may be unreasonable about this, but that was one of the worst
experiences I have had with a vendor...

Cecil in OKla