[Farmall] 53 Chevy pick-up question

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Mon Jul 20 19:19:54 PDT 2009

As has been mentioned, lubing the cable may help with the jumping
around.  As to it being off all the time though, the size tires, or even
the differential may have been changed in that length of time.  To
correct this on the older rigs, you had to replace the speed gear on the
end of the cable at the transmission.  To get the correct one, figure
the error, then pull your old one and count the teeth.  Use the error
percentage to figure how many teeth you need.  Finding correct one may
be a problem, unfortunately.

--
John *.?-!.* cub owner

E. John Puckett