[Farmall] Oil for Cub Engine

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Jul 20 15:41:50 PDT 2009

I used a Plasigage on my journals and got about .003". According to the
IH manual, that is within acceptable range, and my bearing shells looked
brand new, as did the journals. So I buttoned everything back up (after
replacing the (Made in Michigan USA) rings. To make a long story short,
I finally got the engine running today, and there is neither rod knock
nor smoke, and the needle on the oil pressure meter reads about half way
- about average for a '52 Cub and well within my expectations. I still
have some electrical problems, but I am pretty happy with the engine part.

By the way, I tightened up my oil suction tube after the strainer was
on, which made it twice as difficult, but I was afraid to do it the way
you did for the same reason you stated.

Mike