[Farmall] another embarrassing question

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Mon Jul 20 05:27:07 PDT 2009

Paul,

Here in Michigan all we need is the get the trailer officially weighed and
go to the Secretary Of State office for a license plate. My current
trailer came from my brother who didn't need it anymore. When he got his
new trailer he had the plate transferred from his old trailer. That
resulted in him not having any official paperwork for his old trailer
(don't know how that happens). I rebuilt his old trailer, got it weighed,
and got a title and plate for it. At one time they did asked a bunch of
questions as to were some of the parts came from (axle is particular). I
think that was because of trailer thefts. I remember my brother had to
provide proof of were he got the axle for the trailer. They never asked me
anything about where I got anything from, other than it was home built and
not purchased.

I also did the same thing with some snowmobiles that I got at an auction
one year. They were donated and there was no paper work for them. All I
had was the receipt from the auction showing what I paid for them. I think
that they're willing to work with you as long as it means they'll be
getting some cash from you.

Have you tried going to your state's government website? They should have
answers to what you need to get a trailer title.

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.