[AT] old Kubota

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Jul 14 11:00:30 PDT 2009

Stephen Offiler wrote:
> In my completely subjective opinion, Kubota is like the Toyota or
> Honda of the tractor world.
>
> Steve O.
>

> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:07 PM, John Hall<jthall at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>>  Although it is not antique, we brought a neat little tractor in the shop
>> today. It is a L185 Kubota--I'd guess it is 25 years old--it is rather
>> weathered. It seems to be a solid machine. The only thing I see wrong is the
>> $600 quoted for a new radiator--we'll be sending the old one to a repair
>> shop. Out of curiosity, how did these machines stack up against their peers?
>> I think Kubota has really stepped up its game in recent years--there is one
>> dealership about an hour from here that sells so many Kubotas that they
>> dropped the Case-IH line after being a dealer for decades.
>>
>> John Hall

I wouldn't have a problem with any of the Diesel powered Kubota line-up.
They are all built VERY well and handle a lot of beating. I know of an
L185 myself that has been through the ringer and back. Still runs like a
watch. The only real gripe I have with ALL the compact tractors is that
up until a couple years ago they were all had a cramped operators
platform. Many of the common (Yanmar, Kubota, New Holland) seem to have
corrected that on theirs. The Chinese and Korean built compacts haven't
figured that out yet.

--
Steve W