[AT] MF 265 and brush hog question

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 10 06:41:16 PDT 2009

Thanks guys,  you have confirmed what I already knew but didn't have the
facts to back up.  The 265 will handle that bush hog just fine.  It has been
handling if fine for several years.  Then all of a sudden the lift and pto
completely quit.   I would have tried to fix it for the guy myself but I
just don't have the necessary tools or an adequate shop to work on it.  He
sent it to a guy that repairs everything from farm tractors to log skidders
to dozers.  He's been in it twice.  He claims he's replaced the pump and the
lift ram but it won't lift this bush hog that it's been lifting for years.
Now folks are trying to tell my friend that the bush hog is too big for the
tractor.