[AT] MF 265 and brush hog question

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Jul 9 06:25:04 PDT 2009

My friend has a MF 265 that he uses to mow his horse pasture.  It never cuts
anything tougher than some knee high pasture grass.  He is using an 8' brush
hog.  It's a 3pt hitch type and I don't know the brand.  He had some lift
and hydualic problems and now some folks are trying to tell him the brush
hog is too big for his tractor.  I think not.
I've run it and it seems to be fine.   Does anyone have an opinion of what
the lift and pto on a MF265 is capable of?  Is this single spindle 8' hog
too much for it?

Thanks

Charlie