[AT] International DT 466 engine

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 8 08:23:43 PDT 2009

Charlie, the DT466 IH engine that I have personal experience with is in my
CIH 1660 combine. I'd have to say it has been an excellent engine. A 1988
model, I bought it used with just about 1000 hours on it and now pushing
3000 hours it will still run through harvest (around 150 hours) without
needing any oil added. Good starting and one of the quietest and smoothest
running diesel engines I have ever worked with. Some claim that at 170 hp
they are a little short on power for a combine but I have never had a
problem that way.
I think some of the IH tractors had the same engine too.

Ralph in Sask.