[AT] Interesting Tractors

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Wed Jul 1 03:26:02 PDT 2009

   Monday evening I went to Thornville, Ohio to look at a haybine for sale.
While viewing the machine, the owner told me he was also a tractor collector
and offered to show his collection.
    Some interesting tractors were Case VAI with highway mower among other
Case tractors. Others included a Keck-Gonnerman, Baker and Huber, All
threshing engines.
    The most interesting was a steam engine, about 40 Hp, whose defective
boiler had been replaced by a Lycoming V-12 engine and transmission from an
Auborn automobile. This tractor was also used to run a threshing machine
after the alteration. This is a very rare engine even in the auto collector
market.

                                Gene